Due to essential staff training the surgery will be closed from 12.30 on the following dates:
Wednesday 21st March
Tuesday 3rd April
If you require medical help or advice during these times, please click on the link in the section below.
OUT OF HOURS HELP AND ADVICE
If you require medical help or advice when the surgery
is closed, please click on the link below, where
you can view, download and print all the
local alternative options, locations and opening times:
NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) - now available to patients at Eldene Surgery
We are pleased to announce that patients can order their repeat prescriptions using the Prescription Ordering Direct service. Patients will simply need to call the POD on a local number - there will be no need to visit the surgery to drop off your prescription!
For more information, please read the attached leaflet: How to use the POD
To order from the POD, please call 01793 683 755
Important information for users of Patient Online Services
If you currently use Patient Online Services to order repeat prescriptions you will need to register for the new online service.
We will be emailing patients with new user IDs and temporary passwords as quickly as possible, which will enable you to re-register.
If you require repeat medication in the meantime, please drop your request into reception, to save any delays.
We are also working to allow patients to view parts of their GP records, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results and we are hoping to release appointments for online booking, however, these facilities are not yet available.
How to register for the new online services:
- You will need your new user name and temporary password, which we will be sending to you in two separate emails. Please check your ‘junk’ folder if you have not yet received your emails.
- On the right hand side of this screen is a tab which says 'Online Services' - click on this and then click on 'Click here to access Online Services'.
- Use the information contained in your emails (Username and Password) to register. You will be able to change your password when you have registered.
Serving the community
Welcome to Eldene Surgery!
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with patients' needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home, such as ordering a repeat prescriptions or booking and cancelling an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Disabled access is via the main entrance. There are adequate parking facilities. The waiting room, consulting rooms and treatment area are all on the ground floor with access for wheelchairs. Please do not hesitate to ask the reception staff in case of difficulty.
Friends and Family
Friends and family test now available here. You can return the completed questionnaire to the surgery or alternatively email it to SWICCG.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questionnaires are also available at the reception desk, with a box to put your replies in.
Our Charter for Patients
Eldene Surgery has a firm commitment to deliver a quality service to patients – the best way to achieve this is by working together. We will:
- Treat you as an individual, offering appropriate courtesy and respect.
- See all urgent cases on the day of request.
- Ensure a system is in place at all times to contact an appropriate health care professional in an emergency
- Provide appropriate care and treatment from people who are suitably qualified.
- Offer full information about the services we offer, and in particular about anything which directly affects your health and care.
- Arrange a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- We ask you to
- Treat the Doctors and Staff with courtesy and respect. Please note that verbal abuse or violence is not tolerated under any circumstances and will result in immediate removal from the list.
- Let us know in good time if you cannot keep an appointment – someone else needs it.
- Be patient – most delays are due to emergencies.
- Allow two working days for repeat prescriptions to be ready.
- Contact the Surgery before 11 am to discuss requirements for a home visit.
- Make use of guidance and leaflets your Doctor may have available to help you deal with minor illnesses yourself.
- Ask if you are unclear about your treatment.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle in order to safeguard your own health – with our help if necessary.
Please note that Eldene Surgery operates a strict '3 Strikes and Out' policy regarding non-attendance at booked appointments.
(Site updated 21/03/2018)