Welcome to Eldene Surgery
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
Eldene Surgery is currently in the process of changing their clinical IT system, which will be a huge benefit to staff and patients alike. During the transition period we will be running a reduced clinical service to enable staff to receive adequate training and plan new services. Repeat prescriptions and results may also take a little longer to be processed, so please bear with us during this period.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS OF PATIENT ONLINE SERVICES.
If you currently use Patient Online Services to order repeat prescriptions or make appointments online, you will need to be re-registered to the new online service. We will be emailing patients with new user IDs and temporary passwords as quickly as possible, which will enable you to re-register. However, we have almost 1,000 patients to process so this may take a little while to complete. If you require repeat medication in the meantime, please drop your request into reception, to save any delays.
The partners and staff thank you for your cooperation and understanding whilst we make these improvements to your surgery.
Serving the community
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with patients' needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home, such as ordering a repeat prescriptions or booking and cancelling an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Disabled access is via the main entrance. There are adequate parking facilities. The waiting room, consulting rooms and treatment area are all on the ground floor with access for wheelchairs. Please do not hesitate to ask the reception staff in case of difficulty.
Friends and Family
Friends and family test now available here. You can return the completed questionnaire to the surgery or alternatively email it to SWICCG.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questionnaires are also available at the reception desk, with a box to put your replies in.
Our Charter for Patients
Eldene Surgery has a firm commitment to deliver a quality service to patients – the best way to achieve this is by working together. We will:
- Treat you as an individual, offering appropriate courtesy and respect.
- See all urgent cases on the day of request.
- Ensure a system is in place at all times to contact an appropriate health care professional in an emergency
- Provide appropriate care and treatment from people who are suitably qualified.
- Offer full information about the services we offer, and in particular about anything which directly affects your health and care.
- Arrange a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- We ask you to
- Treat the Doctors and Staff with courtesy and respect. Please note that verbal abuse or violence is not tolerated under any circumstances and will result in immediate removal from the list.
- Let us know in good time if you cannot keep an appointment – someone else needs it.
- Be patient – most delays are due to emergencies.
- Allow two working days for repeat prescriptions to be ready.
- Contact the Surgery before 11 am to discuss requirements for a home visit.
- Make use of guidance and leaflets your Doctor may have available to help you deal with minor illnesses yourself.
- Ask if you are unclear about your treatment.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle in order to safeguard your own health – with our help if necessary.
Please note that Eldene Surgery operates a strict '3 Strikes and Out' policy regarding non-attendance at booked appointments.
(Site updated 08/12/2017)